Thursday 2 January 2014

1st day of cleanse... poorly girly

Hey guys,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

So, I entered 2014 pretty sick and coldy (boohoo) and tissues have become my new best friend, which is not exactly how I planned to start the new year, ooh well

CONFESSION: So my first day of cleansing didn't go to well on the 1st, I woke up feeling pretty rough due to my cold and had a camomile tea and two eggs (without bread) which was a good start, however I spent most of my day in bed and when I got home from my boyfriends, my mum wanted all the left over Christmas food eaten, so Dad (who is also 'dieting') and I decided to delay until the 2nd, and we finished off the meats, chocolate, and other unhealthy festive treats.. oops

ANYWAY, today is the 2nd, and I hoped to get down to the gym this morning however i'm really not feeling up for it, so i'm really trying to rest today and get some work done so I can head down tomorrow when/if I feel better.
I started the day with a sweet juice to get me ready for the daily (horrible) drinks. For my juices I use my Sage Juicer by Heston Blumenthal and this is a really fast and efficient juicer which I really recommend.

The juice I went for this morning: (for one person)
2x medium apples
1x orange (peeled although you don't need to on this juicer)
2x medium bunches of grapes
2x celery sticks
1x chunk (around 6'') of cucumber 
and half a lemon

... It turned out like this 

This is green drink is very sweet so I wouldn't recommend for any other meal other than breakfast, and I think next time I would substitute the grapes and one apple for some kale.
TIP: For a more savoury juice, try adding an apple/lemon/ginger to make the juice more palatable.


Moving on to lunch now, and I was so very very exited to crack into a gorgeous smelling Moroccan soup that my Mum had bought, however I went to the fridge to find that my old father dear had eaten it... cheers Dad. Anyway, i made myself a simple green salad and as a substitute for dressing (Pizza Express House Dressing is a god send, honestly I could bathe in that stuff, well probably not but you get what I mean) but unfortunately it is very calorific, so instead I drizzled some balsamic vinegar, you could also add lemon too or instead.


Yes, I do realise that it looks pretty bland and rubbish, but I really couldn't be bothered to spend a lot of time on a quick snacky lunch, I promise to make some more exiting lunches soon. Just incase you're wondering, I simply used a packet of mixed salad leaves, chopped some celery and cucumber and that was it!

As I am still feeling very under the whether, I thought I would run a nice bubble bath and watch David Blaine's 'Real or Magic' on 4od, if you're into magic, or love being wowed by magic, I highly recommend! 
So I ran a beautiful bath and I'm very annoyed at myself for forgetting to take a picture of it before, dang! Anyway I used my favourite Badedas bubble bath, lit a candle and relaxed for a while.


Although I hadn't been wearing make up all day, I still wanted to use my Liz Earl Hot Cloth Cleanser, as I've been using this product for over two years now, after my Mum took me to a Liz Earl skin meeting in London and I've been hooked ever since. It removes make up instantly, even tough eye make up, and has a fresh scent too, you actually can notice the change in your skin after a week or so, and I love the muslin cloth to scrub at any problematic areas of skin. I would say it's my favourite every day skin cleanser.
I shampooed my hair with the Aussie awesome volume shampoo, which I purchased because I generally love Aussie products, I think they mostly have the most wonderful scents and make my hair feel fresh and cleaned without causing build up. However this scent of 'Australian Hops' really isn't for me. It smelt like a bar of soap, and left my hair feeling dry in my hair, so I won't be repurchasing that particular type again, though it really hasn't put me off the other Aussie products. I then used a Herbal Essences conditioner which is really nourishing and leaves my hair soft and silky, and it smells good too. When the ends of my hair are feeling particularly dry, I add a few squirts of the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil, this ones for coloured hair even though mine isn't, but still works really nicely, giving a soft shiny finish without looking or feeling at all greasy.

P.S that bar of soap is the L'occitaine grapefruit soap, which I think has now been discontinued (sorry) but it smells literally like heaven.

Using one of my personal favourite body scrub, the St Ives apricot invigorating scrub to quickly buff my skin, an absolute winner for dull looking skin, however you do need to clean out the tub after as it leaves sand grains on the bottom; and then my Satin Care radiant apricot shave gell to shave my legs, this gell is a pretty colour, nice smell and does what it says on the tin... bottle.


After that well needed bath my dinner was ready and well...


You cannot go wrong with an M&S steak now. I like mine medium rare, and i'm glad mum cooked a to of veg as well. 
The rather interesting looking sauce is a mustard and pepper ready sauce and was actually lovely! 

This has turned out to be a rather long blog, I'm hoping to blog twice a week, but as college work builds up it may be just the once, but i wanted to let you all see my first cleansing day, so there you go, hope you enjoyed

See you soon
Love Zoe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment